The CATCH program is a new initiative of ACSO’s Specialist Mental Health Services (SMHS) team to provide practical assistance and support to clients with a mental illness, cognitive impairment or other complex needs involved with the Neighbourhood Justice Centre in Collingwood. The program is funded through the Federal Attorney-Generals’ Crime Prevention Program as an 18 month pilot.
The program offers 4 months of individual client assistance and can help with:
- Outreach transport assistance to attend appointments or organise support needs
- Linkages to appropriate mental health treatment and services
- Linkages to appropriate alcohol and other drug treatment services
- Provision of generalised mental health counselling and support
- Advocacy with mental health, legal and community services
- Assistance with, and linkages to suitable crisis and long-term accommodation
- Assertive referrals to a range of appropriate long-term community services
- Development and implementation of support plans to optimise smooth transition during release from custody
What is the Neighbourhood Justice Centre?
The Neighbourhood Justice Centre is about doing justice locally and finding lasting solutions that strengthen the City of Yarra. The Centre is committed to resolving disputes by addressing the underlying causes of harmful behaviour and tackling social disadvantage.
Involved with the Neighbourhood Justice Centre and;
- 18-65 years at referral
- Suffering from a diagnosed or identified serious mental illness, cognitive impairment or other Complex needs which significantly impact on the individuals’ general functioning.
- Involved with the Criminal Justice System; or at risk of becoming involved due to un-addressed risk factors.
Referrals can be completed by all services residing at the Neighbourhood Justice Centre. Referrals are also welcome from lawyers or other professionals frequenting the centre. If you would like to self-refer – please enquire with the Client Services Team at the Neighbourhood Justice Centre for information on the intake process.
The referral form can be accessed below.
For any discussions or enquiries regarding the referral call ACSO on (03) 9413 7000 or the Neighbourhood Justice Centre on (03) 9948 8777 and ask to speak to the CATCH worker. Alternatively, email at email@example.com
This project was funded by the Australian Government