Our Consumer Advisory Group (CAG) is a group of current and previous ACSO service users who meet monthly to provide information on program and staff development.
Our CAG is aptly coordinated by a staff member who commenced at ACSO over 30 years ago, working with clients at our original transitional services. She is supported by two ex-consumers who have reached the end of their terms as CAG members, and now fulfil the project officer and administrative roles for this pivotal group. The group represents and advocates for the interests of all ACSO consumers by:
- assisting ACSO to understand what consumers want and need by providing advice, knowledge and guidance;
- assisting ACSO to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and services;
- providing input to strategic planning;
- considering any matter referred to it by the ACSO Council, management or programs/services; and
- participating in ACSO activities as required.
“Being a representative of ACSO’s Consumer Advisory Group has given me the opportunity to contribute my experiences and knowledge from a client’s perspective. It has been my greatest achievement professionally and has been very rewarding. In just over 12 months, being a member of CAG has given me the opportunity to be involved in numerous events that I would never dreamed of taking part in. A radio interview with ACSO’s CEO and also at ACSO’s 6th Forensic Disabilities Conference, I gave a speech on my experiences with the criminal justice system. Being a CAG member is very fulfilling and rewarding and gives the members an integral role in assisting ACSO to better incorporate the voices of consumers into the development and delivery of programs and services”CAG Member